How to make IE6 always display the status bar
I finally found a fix to glitch in Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP that drives me crazy. It seemed impossible to have IE6 consistently display the status bar at the bottom of the browser window. I always like having the status bar visible, mostly so I can see where a link is going to take me (by hovering over the link and checking the status bar) before I click-through. To have IE6 always display the status bar, do the following:
- With (only one) IE window open, click View and select: Status Bar
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (red X, upper right corner)
- Open Windows Explorer (File Explorer), click View and select: Status Bar
- Click Tools > Folder Options > View tab
- Click the "Apply to all folders" button
I'd like to give credit for the tip but when I found it, I copied it into an Outlook note without noting the source. Apologies to the author.